Google has released a new security update for Chrome browser 76.0.3809.87 for Windows, Mac and Linux. The company also added a browser update for Android.
The latest update released on Tuesday July 30 includes 43 security fixes and also contains a number of fixes and improvements. Five of the bugs discovered by external researchers were rated High severity as listed below (along with researcher who discovered):
- High severity CVE-2019-5850: Use-after-free in offline page fetcher (Reported by Brendon Tiszka on 2019-06-21).
- High severity CVE-2019-5860: Use-after-free in PDFium. (Reported by Anonymous on 2019-04-26).
- High severity CVE-2019-5853: Memory corruption in regexp length check (Reported by yngwei(@yngweijw) of IIE Varas and sakura(@eternalsakura13) of Tecent Xuanwu Lab on 2019-06-19).
- High severity CVE-2019-5851: Use-after-poison in offline audio context (Reported by Zhe Jin（金哲），Luyao Liu(刘路遥) from Chengdu Security Response Center of Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd on 2019-06-20).
- High severity CVE-2019-5859: res: URIs can load alternative browsers (Reported by James Lee (@Windowsrcer) of Kryptos Logic on 2019-05-03).
Additionally, four other moderate rated bugs were discovered by external researchers.
Finally, Google also released Chrome 76 (76.0.3809.89) for Android.