Google has released Chrome 87 security update (87.0.4280.66 for Windows and Linux, 87.0.4280.67 for Mac) with fixes for 33 vulnerabilities. The tech giant also released a new Chrome 87 version for both iOS and Android.
An attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities to take control of impacted systems.
Google patched the following 10 High severity vulnerabilities, as reported by external researchers:
- CVE-2020-16018: Use after free in payments.
- CVE-2020-16019: Inappropriate implementation in filesystem.
- CVE-2020-16020: Inappropriate implementation in cryptohome.
- CVE-2020-16021: Race in ImageBurner.
- CVE-2020-16022: Insufficient policy enforcement in networking.
- CVE-2020-16015: Insufficient data validation in WASM.
- CVE-2020-16014: Use after free in PPAPI.
- CVE-2020-16023: Use after free in WebCodecs.
- CVE-2020-16024: Heap buffer overflow in UI.
- CVE-2020-16025: Heap buffer overflow in clipboard.
The remaining vulnerabilities were rated Medium or Low severity.
Readers can check out the Google Chrome 87 security advisory for more details.
Moreover, Google released Chrome 87 (87.0.4280.60) for iOS and Chrome 87 (87.0.4280.66) for Android.