Google has released Chrome 99.0.4844.74 for Windows, Mac and Linux with fixes for multiple vulnerabilities, one rated Critical severity.
An attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities to take control of impacted systems.
The latest Chrome 99 security update (99.0.4844.74) patched 1 vulnerabilities in all, to include 1 Critical and 8 High severity vulnerabilities, each discovered by external researchers:
- Critical CVE-2022-0971: Use after free in Blink Layout.
- High CVE-2022-0972: Use after free in Extensions.
- High CVE-2022-0973: Use after free in Safe Browsing.
- High CVE-2022-0974 : Use after free in Splitscreen.
- High CVE-2022-0975: Use after free in ANGLE.
- High CVE-2022-0976: Heap buffer overflow in GPU.
- High CVE-2022-0977: Use after free in Browser UI.
- High CVE-2022-0978: Use after free in ANGLE.
- High CVE-2022-0979: Use after free in Safe Browsing.
In addition, Google also released Chrome 99 (99.0.4844.73) for Android.