Google has released Chrome OS 99.0.4844.57 security update for Chrome OS devices to fix multiple vulnerabilities.
An attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities to take control of impacted systems.
The Chrome OS update addressed three High risk and three medium risk vulnerabilities (no CVEs were listed):
- High: Heap-user-after-free in NearbyShare
- High: Heap-use-after-free in Printing UI
- High: Heap-use-after-free in Window Manager
- Medium: Authentication Issue in VPN client
- Medium: Heap-use-after-free in ChromeVox
- Medium: Heap-use-after-free in Window Manager.
As noted in the advisory, there were no known active exploits in the wild for these vulnerabilities.