The Mozilla Foundation has patched two High risk vulnerabilities in Firefox 106, as well as a number of other bug fixes.
An attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities to take control of impacted systems.
According to the Mozilla Foundation Security Advisory 2022-44, Firefox 106 addressed the following two High severity vulnerabilities:
- CVE-2022-42927: Same-origin policy violation could have leaked cross-origin URLs.
- CVE-2022-42928: Memory Corruption in JS Engine.
Moreover, the Firefox 106 update also addressed three other vulnerabilities rated Moderate or Low severity.
Also, Mozilla released updates for Mozilla Firefox ESR 102.4.
- Mozilla releases Firefox 105 with fixes for 3 High severity vulnerabilities
- Google releases Chrome 106 (106.0.5249.119) security update with fixes for 6 High severity vulnerabilities
- Microsoft October 2022 Security Updates addresses 84 vulnerabilities (13 rated Critical, 2 zero-days)
- Microsoft releases out-of-band patch for Endpoint Configuration Manager
- Apple patches vulnerabilities in iOS 16, iOS 15.7, macOS Monterey 12.6, Big Sur 11.7 and other products