Cisco released security updates to address vulnerabilities in multiple products on Wednesday as part of its June 2018 Cisco FXOS and NX-OS Software Security Advisory Collection.
Five (5) of the bugs were rated critical and 18 rated high severity. Another 10 Medium severity updates were also released this week.
Four of the critical updates address arbitrary execution vulnerabilities in Cisco FXOS Software and Cisco NX-OS Software. The other critical patch fixes a vulnerability in the NX-API feature of Cisco NX-OS Software.
Each of the critical vulnerabilities are rated 9.8 CVSS score (10 being the highest possible).
A number of the affected products addressed in the critical security advisories include:
- Firepower 4100 Series Next-Generation Firewalls
- Firepower 9300 Security Appliance
- MDS 9000 Series Multilayer Switches
- Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders
- Nexus 3000 Series Switches
- Nexus 3500 Platform Switches
- Nexus 5500 Platform Switches
- Nexus 5600 Platform Switches
- Nexus 6000 Series Switches
- Nexus 7000 Series Switches
- Nexus 7700 Series Switches
- Nexus 9000 Series Switches in standalone NX-OS mode
- Nexus 9500 R-Series Line Cards and Fabric Modules
- UCS 6100 Series Fabric Interconnects
- UCS 6200 Series Fabric Interconnects
- UCS 6300 Series Fabric Interconnects
Firepower eXtensible Operating System (FXOS) software runs on Firepower firewalls and NX-OS software runs on Nexus switches.
See the complete listing of Cisco security advisories and alerts.